Re: asm/ucontext.h for armel eabi target

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:48:44 -0500
Martin Morissette <mmorissette@8d.com> wrote:

> While trying to compile cvm/phoneME for the armel-eabi platform using
> emdebian crosstools, I encountered some issues regarding
> asm/ucontext.h It seems that emdebian-armel has ucontext.h and
> sys/ucontext.h but not asm/ucontext.h which is required by some
> projects, phoneME in my case.

asm/ucontext.h does not exist in the ARM package for linux-libc-dev:

$ dpkg -c linux-libc-dev_2.6.26-11_arm.deb |grep ucontext.h
$
$ dpkg -c /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-libc-dev_2.6.26-11_amd64.deb |grep ucontext.h
-rw-r--r-- root/root       279 2008-11-26 21:23 ./usr/include/asm/ucontext.h
$
$ dpkg -c linux-libc-dev_2.6.26-11_armel.deb |grep ucontext.h
$

Therefore, it isn't surprising that the file does not exist in the
-cross package for ARM or armel.

Your package needs to adapt to the current kernel configuration
available in the linux-libc-dev package in Debian.

> I got around the issue by adding my x86 version of asm/ucontext.h to
> /usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/include/

That is the wrong solution. The file has not been excluded by
emdebian-tools, it simply isn't part of the original package. For a
start, you've added a file from the wrong architecture!

> Is there a particular reason why asm/ucontext.h wasn't added?

Umm, yes, it does not exist in the Debian package for your target
architecture, only your build architecture.

> Could it
> be added to the current packages?

NO.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/