Re: can't build gcc-4.3 source since updating to 1.4.6

Neil Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 07:42 -0400, Dean wrote:
Neil,

Thanks for your help. I was already running a local reprepro repository, but the main problem was that emrecent is hardcoded to look at emdebian.org.

Actually, not quite. emrecent will upload to whatever dput claims is
emdebian-target and emdebian-locale - those two are just labels in the
~/.dput.cf config file.

See the emrecent manpage:

For noninteractive mode, a different SSH key or different connection
method may be necessary - so an alternate dput.cfg file is explicitly
supported for this mode. The dput config should support uploading hosts
called:

 emdebian-target - the application and library packages
 emdebian-locale - the TDebs.

These are just labels - you are free to use the label to refer to any
upload destination, not exclusively www.emdebian.org.

Configuring SSH and dput are beyond the scope of this manpage. See
the ssh, dput and dput.cf manpages for more information.

OK, it's not well explained but here is how it can work:

You use emrecent for all uploads - when your autobuilder is sufficiently
complete and reliable that it can be folded into the Emdebian testing
migration checks without delaying other architectures, you simply change
the values in ~/.dput.cf and continue using emrecent as before.

Using dput also helps you run post_upload scripts that process
the .changes file and put the files into reprepro.

Let me apologize for the confusion, but I meant emdebcheck, not emrecent. I know I repeatedly referred to emrecent so I'm sorry to make you type such a detailed response.

I was looking at the emrecent script and I was thinking we should add a way to change the server that we're uploading to. It looked easy enough to add a configuration line to the emsource.conf file, but being that this is emrecent I didn't know if you'd be ok with that or if we should add an emrecent.conf file, or maybe move everything into an emdebian.conf file.

I'll improve the manpage and make things clearer but the only real
option to add to emrecent is for the $dput_cfg option available to
--noninteractive is made available to interactive mode too. This way,
you can have two dput config files and decide where to put which upload
by a call to emrecent.

I'm doing it this way because there are far too many options available
via dput than can be encoded in a command line option and implementing
them in yet-another-config-file is pointless.

The problem I was having before was that the emdebcheck portion was continually failing when I was trying to upload to my local repository using emrecent. And the reason for that is that emdebcheck is hardcoded to check the emdebian repository for the dependencies.

I don't know how I confused myself with the emdebcheck/emrecent thing but somehow I did. Sorry again.

So my question still stands about adding a line to the config files to change the server that *emdebcheck* looks at.