can't build gcc-4.3 source since updating to 1.4.6

I'm having a problem building gcc-4.3 since updating to emdebian-tools 1.4.6. When I was running 1.4.3 it worked, and it still works on another box that I didn't upgrade. The gcc build gets about halfway through then I start getting multiply defined errors about floor_log2.

I suspect the problem stems from a problem in Dpkg::BuildOptions::parse() which is called from dpkg-buildpackage.

I did a 'emsource --build-dep -b gcc-4.3' and the following lines caught my eye, particularly the one about "invalid flag in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS":

If anyone has any idea of what might be going on I'd appreciate it. I know there's probably a lot of info missing but I was hoping maybe someone else has run into this as well.

Thanks,
Dean

build log:
---------------------------
dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type arm-linux-gnueabi does not match gcc system type i486-linux-gnu.
DEB_BUILD_ARCH=i386
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_CPU=i386
DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=i486
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnu
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=i486-linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_ARCH=armel
DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU=arm
DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU=arm
DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnueabi
DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=arm-linux-gnueabi
Building gcc-4.3 4.3.1-9em1 for armel with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=' nodocs
nocheck' nice -n 7 dpkg-buildpackage -aarmel -sa -rfakeroot -d	-uc -us
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: invalid flag in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS:
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: source package gcc-4.3
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 4.3.1-9em1