Re: Qt embedded

On 2008-09-01, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
>> My roadmap looks something like:
>>=20
>> * Create and package Qt-emb for i386.=20
>
> Not necessarily a good idea - creating a whole new package.
>
>> There is really a need for this by some=20
>> friends (and me, as my ARM platform is now in Australia and I live in=20
>> Argentina :-) )
>>=20
>> * Do the necessary changes to get Qt-emb into emdebian. If somehow I mana=
> ge to=20
>> create a package that will work for both platforms out-of-the-box, the be=
> tter.
>
> To get a package into Emdebian, it first needs to be in Debian and it
> does need to work on both platforms to get into Debian.
>
> Probably better to work from the existing Qt packages and reduce their
> size and complexity.

Qt/Embedded is a integrated thing that uses linux framebuffer directly
with its own windowing system and such things.

Qt/Embedded does also contain most parts of normal Qt, but occasionally,
there is a difference wether it uses X11 or QWS (Qt windowing system).

The only interesting things in the Qt packaging is the patches.

/Sune