Re: Qt embedded

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 17:05 -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> Hello everyone! While I am still a newbie here, I am _trying_ to package Qt
> embedded for Debian.

Oooh! Another volunteer. ;-)

> My roadmap looks something like:
>
> * Create and package Qt-emb for i386.

Not necessarily a good idea - creating a whole new package.

> There is really a need for this by some
> friends (and me, as my ARM platform is now in Australia and I live in
> Argentina :-) )
>
> * Do the necessary changes to get Qt-emb into emdebian. If somehow I manage to
> create a package that will work for both platforms out-of-the-box, the better.

To get a package into Emdebian, it first needs to be in Debian and it
does need to work on both platforms to get into Debian.

Probably better to work from the existing Qt packages and reduce their
size and complexity.

> As I said before, I am a newbie in packaging tasks, so it will take me
> sometime. Non the less, I would really like to hear any comments you may have.

Work with what we have and reduce the size of those - we know those
actually work so it makes things easier to fix.