[i386] - real use fails

Hi Neil,

 Some days off but still here.

 Yesterday I tried to use emdebian in a real installation, not chroot. But
it didn't work. I tried to upgrade from lenny to emdebian. The main problem
was to remove coreutils and install busybox.

 I pointed sources.list to my local repository and did a 'dist-upgrade'. A lot
of packages were upgraded and had little problems with install-info and update-rc.d
files. I created them as an empty shell script and did pass  these problems.

 Budybox did not upgrade, i had to do a 'apt-get -f install'. Then dpkg returned error:
"rm not found". Some time did pass without knowing what to do. Finally I extracted
the busybox package with ' dpkg -x busybox.deb / '. Maybe not beatiful, but works.
Completed the replacement of the packages. After that apt-get doesn't complain about
anything. I had to edit the /etc/inittab file.

 The boot fails. So I reboot the system. The boot fails. I remove some program from
'/etc/rcS.d' to have a simple start, minor errors occur (like unknown option from egrep),
one error from /lib/init/bootclean.sh (xtype option from find). Then the last messages are:

The system is going down NOW!
Sending SIGTERM to all processes
Sending SIGKILL to all proccesses
Requesting system halt
...Shutdown: hda
...System halted.

 I do not known who is asking that. Took all day on this. If you have something to say
I would like to hear it.

 I will see the previous emails to know if have some questions to be answering.

 Regards,
 Herbert

Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.