Re: [i386] - some packages done

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:43:19 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 11:10 -0300, Herbert P Fortes Neto wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I had build some packages without problems.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> >  All of them
> > have patches. Only glibc had problems to apply uptstream
> > patches, not a emdebian problem. I sent a bugreport.

 Got some problems with the guy. To have the glic package
I removed the hurd-i386 patches.

> So these are the packages you built using Emdebian patches?

 Yes

> >  I do not have where to put the packages for others can do
> > a check. I will see what to do.
>
> Eventually, these packages will join the ARM (and soon armel) ones in
> the Emdebian repositories. To do this, you need an account via Wookey
> and *your* builds need to use -b option to dpkg-buildpackage so that the
> Architecture: all packages are not listed in the .changes files. (only
> _i386.deb should exist). In effect, ARM is the "primary
> architecture" (because it already exists) and all other Emdebian
> architectures act as ports. (Note that this is not explicitly configured
> in emdebian-tools at this time - you should be able to set this as a
> devscripts DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS option but that affects other
> builds too. I'll implement improved support in emdebian-tools - the
> problem is allowing for ordinary builds for other repositories. It may
> be possible to regenerate the .changes file in emrecent when the
> repository location has been set.)
>
> To test what you have built, create a local repository with reprepro and
> include the .changes files (built without the -b option as this is your
> own repo) and point emsandbox at that repo.

 Did all builds with

 dch -i debian/changelog

 and

 DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS="-k'my email"

> >  The list:
> > ./a:
> > adduser
>
> ?adduser? That's perl. Emdebian does not use perl at this time. Busybox
> implements adduser support. You haven't built perl (no Emdebian patches
> exist) so this package would not be installable anyway.

 Yes, a mistake I saw too late.

> > apt
> > attr
> >
> > ./b:
> > base-files
> > busybox
> >
> > .c/
> > cdebconf
> >
> > .d/
> > debianutils  dpkg
> >
> > .g/
> > gcc-4.3  glibc  gnupg
> >
> > .m/
> > makedev  mktemp
> >
> > .n/
> > newt
> >
> > .r/
> > readline5
> >
> > .s/
> > slang2  sysvinit
> >
> > .u/
> > udev
> >
> > .z/
> > zlib
>
> That's a really small package set - is it all you need?

 No. Basically it is a slow machine. Just reporting the working done

 Regards,
--
Herbert Parentes Fortes Neto (hpfn)
Linux user number 416100