Re: [i386] - some packages done

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 11:10 -0300, Herbert P Fortes Neto wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I had build some packages without problems.

Congratulations!

>  All of them
> have patches. Only glibc had problems to apply uptstream
> patches, not a emdebian problem. I sent a bugreport.

So these are the packages you built using Emdebian patches?

>  I do not have where to put the packages for others can do
> a check. I will see what to do.

Eventually, these packages will join the ARM (and soon armel) ones in
the Emdebian repositories. To do this, you need an account via Wookey
and *your* builds need to use -b option to dpkg-buildpackage so that the
Architecture: all packages are not listed in the .changes files. (only
_i386.deb should exist). In effect, ARM is the "primary
architecture" (because it already exists) and all other Emdebian
architectures act as ports. (Note that this is not explicitly configured
in emdebian-tools at this time - you should be able to set this as a
devscripts DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS option but that affects other
builds too. I'll implement improved support in emdebian-tools - the
problem is allowing for ordinary builds for other repositories. It may
be possible to regenerate the .changes file in emrecent when the
repository location has been set.)

To test what you have built, create a local repository with reprepro and
include the .changes files (built without the -b option as this is your
own repo) and point emsandbox at that repo.

>  The list:
> ./a:
> adduser

?adduser? That's perl. Emdebian does not use perl at this time. Busybox
implements adduser support. You haven't built perl (no Emdebian patches
exist) so this package would not be installable anyway.

> apt
> attr
>
> ./b:
> base-files
> busybox
>
> .c/
> cdebconf
>
> .d/
> debianutils  dpkg
>
> .g/
> gcc-4.3  glibc  gnupg
>
> .m/
> makedev  mktemp
>
> .n/
> newt
>
> .r/
> readline5
>
> .s/
> slang2  sysvinit
>
> .u/
> udev
>
> .z/
> zlib

That's a really small package set - is it all you need?