runlevel, mountpoint, syntax error ( unexpected

Well, I still can't get the emdebian.gpe default script results to
finish a ./emsecondstage. I see the contents were updated to include the
missing runlevel packages but there is still the problem of

/sbin/runlevel: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Best I can figure is bash shell commands are used under busybox's sh.

I'll do some googling and see if I can figure out the difference between
a shell script and a bash script.

P.S. x11-common still fails due to a non existent directory. Makes me
think something else is missing from the package list. I'll check that
too.