Re: emchain -a arm pending

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 18:20 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> emchain -a arm fails with:

The real problem is that the toolchains that emsetup should be able to
install are being worked on but are not ready yet.

> I'm using emdebian-tools 0.8.2.
>
> I'm not particularly interested in using gcc 4.3. gcc 4.2 would be
> fine, but I don't know how to select it using emchain.

emchain always tries to build the latest - just as with any Debian
package. Work is ongoing on making toolchains installable and
maintaining them as installable but it is a big job and it takes time.

As in the emchain manpage, it can only do so much. (Building a gcc-4.2
toolchain may not be that useful anyway - the current 4.2 toolchain is
not installable either because gcc-4.3 is now the default in Debian.)