Re: Packaging a library that requires cross-compiled code

Hi,

> I'm working on infrastructure to aid generation of cross-compiler
> packages (a templating mechanism that generates the necessary Package
> stanzas in debian/control from another file that uses a descriptive
> language; "debian-xcontrol" would be the package you are looking for,
> however that bit is not yet done as I concentrated on features that will
> allow cross-compilation of other packages first).

Which is kinda overkill for David's package - all he needs to
cross-compile is a 136 byte large blob.
Also this is a piece of code which won't be changed by users ususally,
as it does nothing but help to transfer the real firmware into the
device (a trivial memcpy implementation according to David).

All other parts of the package are arch: all, written in python, so
everything needed would be a cross compiler on at least the architecture
where the package is being built on.

Is there anybody working on an arm7 cross-compiler yet, if so, are there
plans to get it into Debian's main? I guess you want to support every
arm cpu in main!?

Or is there any other possible way to get this package into main?

Best regards,

Bernd

--
Bernd Zeimetz