gcc 4.1 dependency problem

After discussing this with Wookey he suggested that I documented a fix to a Debian etch cross development nuisance when test building bootldr.

Installing gcc-4.1-arm-linux-gnu seemed ok till I ran nm-arm-linux-gnu. This segfaulted.

The problem was localised to binutils brokenness (as claimed by Wookey).

I noted that my debian etch machine had binutils-arm-linux and not binutils-arm-linux-gnu but both with the same version tag.

Removing the non-gnu and adding the -gnu package seemed to fix it.

Nick Bane