Re: dpkg-cross behaviour in large dependency trees

On Tue, 15 May 2007 19:24:18 +0100
Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 May 2007 14:02:46 -0400
> Eric Cooper <ecc@cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 05:45:17PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > > Is the lack of /usr/lib/*.so* sufficient evidence to discount
> > > packages like debian-archive-keyring from conversion in the
> > > dependency list of other packages?
> >
> > What about just the "Architecture: all"?
>
> Yes, I can check that first - it'll remove the majority which would be
> a quicker check than looking for libs in dpkg -L. Thanks for the tip.

Note: this can only be excluded within apt-cross - dpkg-cross doesn't
know whether a dependency IS Arch:all because it only deals with the
current package, not the dependency of that package, (that's a job for
apt and therefore apt-cross).

Therefore, each Arch:all dependency of the particular package will need
to be specified to dpkg-cross -X, repeating -X as necessary, as well as
any other package to exclude. Those command lines could get v.long.