Re: dpkg-cross behaviour in large dependency trees

On Tue, 15 May 2007 14:02:46 -0400
Eric Cooper <ecc@cmu.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 05:45:17PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Is the lack of /usr/lib/*.so* sufficient evidence to discount
> > packages like debian-archive-keyring from conversion in the
> > dependency list of other packages?
>
> What about just the "Architecture: all"?

Yes, I can check that first - it'll remove the majority which would be
a quicker check than looking for libs in dpkg -L. Thanks for the tip.

Some architecture-dependent packages should also be omitted though -
e.g. perl-base and debianutils.