Re: emdebian-tools do not install with cdrom-only entries in sources.list

On Fri, 4 May 2007 13:06:17 +0400
Anthony Sharobaiko <anthony@fiord.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 07:12:25PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > emdebian-tools is not part of Etch and is not designed to work with
> > Etch, only with Lenny or Sid. Were you attempting a backport?
>
> No, just wanted to look at emdebian =)

Right now, emdebian is the website and SVN - there isn't much else to
look at. The rootfs is coming along but is incomplete and a lot of work
is needed within Emdebian and emdebian-tools - particularly in using
emdebian-tools for a buildd and updating already emdebianised packages.

> . Hm, is it mentioned
> anywhere that etch is not supported?

Well, emdebian-tools is not part of Etch - it isn't part of the stable
release, it is only part of Lenny. As emdebian-tools is only available
in Debian testing or unstable (Lenny or Sid), running emdebian-tools on
Etch is, in effect, a backport. There is no package to install
emdebian-tools on Etch.

> > Can you send me the output of 'apt-cache policy' for your setup?

OK, got that - thanks. It'll help with the testing of changes to the
postinst. As mentioned on the list, adding support for cdrom is not my
main priority right now.