Re: How to build a CRAMFS type root filesystem from scratch?

In message <[🔎] 242938.37625.qm@web15903.mail.cnb.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I found there are many CRAMFS type pre-built root
> filesystem images out there over the Web for their
> target devices, but how could I build a CRAMFS root
> filesystem image from scratch on my Ubunutu 6.06 LTS
> powered i386 box? Further, how could I customize the
> libraries/applications in my own root filesystem?

Not exectly Debian-specific, but general enough:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RootFileSystemOnACramfsFileSystem

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
Hiring experienced unix people is  like  a  built-in  filter  against
idiots. Hiring experienced NT people provides no such guarantee.
            -- Miguel Cruz in WgL96.349$CC.122704@typhoon2.ba-dsg.net