Re: developing .deb packages for embedded systems

varun.celunite@gmail.com wrote:
> can some one please tell me, what r the minimum base packages that r
> required for embedded system.
> Are these the only packages that r required to atleast boot the system? or i
> m missing some of them.

To be able to boot, you need:

. a bootloader
. a kernel

. an initrd image

and/or

. a filesystem
. /sbin/init

What initrd/init is depends on what you want the system to do,
it can be anything from a static binary application to the full
blown sysv init.

> Please tell what are the steps that r required; from making Root FS to
> simply booting a system or any documentation which deals with building base
> package and its installation or its already available

Either you install "as usual" and then remove whatever you can or
you asseble everything from scratch.

Regards,
/Karl

PS. please don't use "r" for "are", I first thought you wanted R,
    a statistical computing language and environment.