Re: gcc 4.1 dependency problem

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:56:55 +0100
Nick Bane <nick@cecomputing.co.uk> wrote:

> After discussing this with Wookey he suggested that I documented a fix to a
> Debian etch cross development nuisance when test building bootldr.
>
> Installing gcc-4.1-arm-linux-gnu seemed ok till I ran nm-arm-linux-gnu.
> This segfaulted.
>
> The problem was localised to binutils brokenness (as claimed by Wookey).
>
> I noted that my debian etch machine had binutils-arm-linux and not
> binutils-arm-linux-gnu but both with the same version tag.
>
> Removing the non-gnu and adding the -gnu package seemed to fix it.
>
> Nick Bane

Are you using emdebian-tools or is this using gcc-4.1-arm-linux-gnu-gcc
directly?

I could add a check to emsetup to remove binutils-arm-linux in
preference for binutils-arm-linux-gnu but it depends where the
binutils-arm-linux package came from.

I find no matches in the current repositories.

(binutils-multiarch will be a dependency of dpkg-cross 2.0.0)