Re: gcc-4.2-arm-linux-gnueabi

On 2007-08-24 05:29 +0100, Benjamin A'Lee wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:42:16PM -0500, Jonathan Li wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I've been trying to setup qemu, so I can cross debootstrap an armel
> > debian image.  I've been following the instructions the best I can,
> > but it seems that a package is missing from emdebian ....
> > gcc-4.2-arm-linux-gnueabi.  Can someone please tell me what rout I
> > should go, in order to get this installed?

Cross-toolchains come from emdebian.org.

http://www.emdebian.org/crosstools.html
with details of apt sources line here:
http://www.emdebian.org/tools/crosstools.html

armel has recently been added.
see:
( http://www.emdebian.org/toolchains/search.php?arch=arm&distro=unstable&package=armel )

so if you put
deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ unstable main
in your sources.list then you should be able to apt-get  gcc-4.2-arm-linux-gnueabi

> > Also, I tried to see if I
> > could compile the arm-linux-gnueabi crosstoolchain myself, but I
> > cannot seem to locate the debian sources for this either.
> >
> > I know that eabi is still unsupported by Debian, but all the
> > instructions on the embedded debian site seem to indicate that this is
> > possible.  Please help.
>
> IIRC, emdebian-tools contains a script to build a cross-compile
> toolchain. I don't know if it'll require fiddling-with to handle an
> unofficial arch, though.

it's called emchain, and no it won't work with arches that are not in debian yet
(because it uses pre-built glibc, etc for target arch from debian)

Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/