Re: Problem getting ARM toolchain installed

2007/7/19, Colin Tuckley <colin@tuckley.org>:
Hector Oron wrote:
> Could you retry to install from repository?

You mean a clean install from the netinstall CD (which is what I did a few
weeks ago) and since which all that I've done is apt-get update/upgrade and
install a few packages like ssh and minicom.

No, i meant, that i ran repo update scripts, so i was wondering if it
is fixed now other ways repository updates are broken, we should be
fixing that on next days.

> Or maybe try gcc-4.2?

buzet:/etc/apt# apt-get install gcc-4.2-arm-linux-gnu
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package gcc-4.2-arm-linux-gnu

I assume that you did an update before hand.

What is really confusing is that when I remove the emdebian stuff from
sources.list and do an update it still moans about emdebian stuff when I run
"apt-cross -a arm -S testing -u"

I believe apt-cross sources.list are kept under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

In the mean while try to get arm packages from:
http://www.emdebian.org/~zumbi/arm/
http://www.emdebian.org/~zumbi/armel/

Sorry for inconveniences.

--