Help with tmpfs filesystem

Hi,
I mount my /tmp directory tmpfs but when I copy a file to it, it hangs
the system. The file is largs ~4M but I'm not sure if that matters.

Is there a limit og tmpfs within the limits of the available ram?
Should I specify a size on this, but how?
I looked into ramfs and thinking about using it instead but I'm not
sure what's the difference (ramfs or tmpfs).

My fstab looks like this:

none            /proc           proc    defaults                0       0
none            /proc/bus/usb   usbfs   defaults                0       0
sysfs           /sys            sysfs   defaults                0       0
tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   defaults                0       0
/dev/mtdblock3  /var            jffs2   defaults                0       0

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.

KEEP SPYWARE OFF YOUR COMPUTER - Protect your computer with Spyware Terminator!
Visit http://www.spywareterminator.com/install and find out more!