Re: Debian & Nokia 770

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 10:05 +0100, ext Hector Oron wrote:
> Hello JC,
>
> > The documents are outdated, the scripts from the subversion repository
> > are not available. Where to find updated documentation?
> > How to build my own rootfs?
>
> As Ed's states, that work was superceded...
> Emdebian still has not a proper working environment, as it has to
> argue lots of concepts with Debian proper and study which are benefits
> and disavantages of each approach. Right now, we are focusing towards
> supporting an update it cross toolchain in sync with Debian -currently
> only unstable is up to date, i believe-.
>
> Closest approach that we have been working on -mainly Ed- was
> developing a framework using scratchbox for Nokia device. Some of his
> packages are at http://www.emdebian.org/svn/browser/emdebian/trunk/.
> If you are interested, you could continue his work.

I don't think it makes sense, sorry. All those packaged emdebianized
with DEBIAN_DIR approach, which is deprecated. That's the main reason
why I stopped to work on this.

My suggestion is to use current emdebian packages if they're available
and try to build rootfs out of them.

BTW, what's the status of this? Does emdebian have some packages to
start with? libc, busybox?

--
Ed Bartosh <eduard.bartosh@nokia.com>
Nokia-M/Helsinki