Re: Dummy Questions

Hello Felipe,

But, how you guys can weld the processors ?
Do you send the PCBs to some factor or something like that?

Do you need some pointers?
http://www.lab-circuits.com/
http://www.olimex.com/pcb/index.html
If you use google, i'm pretty sure that you'll find a manufacturing
house near you.

Where can I get information about how to design PCBs ??
Reading PCB books, Signal Integrity books, software manuals, and
practicing... a good design is like a pice of artwork. Keep always
good grounding practices.

Which software can be used? is PCB enough ??

Lots of people use OrCAD from Cadence, Protel is also well-known.
These soft runs over Wintel platforms, but there is Eagle that is able
to run over Linux machines, and it looks like a good program... but it
depends on what complexity do you need...

You'll need to draw a schematic at first and then you need to start
with PCB layout and go from one to another doing changes as you need.

Finally you'll need to generate gerber files to give them to the
manufacturer to make the PCB. Some houses take Protel, Eagle, OrCAD,
... format files. I usually ship Extended Gerber format. Do not forget
to check your gerber files before send them.

Best Regards,
Hector Oron