Re: Dummy Questions

Am 2007-02-28 21:45:32, schrieb Wookey:
> On 2007-02-28 15:23 -0400, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > But, how you guys can weld the processors ?
> > Do you send the PCBs to some factor or something like that?
>
> Yes. Modern high-density designs are not sensisbly home-assemblable.
> BGAs particularly need professional equipment (yes I know lots of
> people have shown that it can be done in an oven, but I don't suppose
> it is very reliable).

I create only the electrical part of it and let let an enterprise build
the Platine and assembly it.  But simpel Mayouts like double-sided I
build my own with a "Schaumätz anlage" to which I have access".

> You get them made by an assembly house.

OH, I have already SMD working place but sometimes....

> > Where can I get information about how to design PCBs ??
> > Which software can be used? is PCB enough ??
>
> My (limited) understanding is that PCB is fine for simple 2 or 4 layer
> boards but is hopeless for complex boards, which still require
> expensive prorietary software for routing and parts libaries. It will
> be nice when free software can fill this need too.

I have tried "electric" which is in Debian but this software is crap!
Since the GUI is all other as intuitive.  and then I have a bibliothek
of over 200.000 IC's and such in DXF format which I like to use.

I have even the newes Chips (potentiometer with NVRAM or Audio-Chips)
in DXF format.

Does anyone know a better Software?

> All the serious design people I know use Protel, but there are others.

I use a proprietary french product (do not ask why) but can you name me
some other programs working under Linux?

Since I am realy in creation of a new enterprise, I think, professionel
software, even proprietary, is currently a must

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)