Re: [OT] Self-Made computer using standard Microchips

Hi,

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> <snip>
>
> Now I have bought over 40 different ARM and MIPS based SBC's and not a
> singel one fit my needs in Speed and functionalities.
>
> My goal is, to create some customizable SBC's running Embedian and
> certainly full blown (but striped) Debian Installations.

I'm not into hw manufacturing, so I prefer prebuilt solutions:

I'm using a Soekris net4801 box for collecting weather data and a few
other small functions (features an AMD Geode processor). See
http://www.soekris.com/

Then there is the WRAP, see http://www.pcengines.ch/

And maybe the Balloon Board is an option: http://balloonboard.org/

Have fun,