Some further questions

Hi all

I am not sure whether following questions on embedded
GUI are off-topic here in this list, but they relly
have confused me for a long time:

AFASIK, there are many hot words in the field of
embedded GUI, such as: framebuffer, X Window,
DirectFB, SDL, QT/Embedded, GTK+. They really made me
confused.

In my view, "framebuffer" is a kind of Linux device
driver(I can find a charater device node /dev/fb0 on
my i386 box); And "X Window", "DirectFB" and "SDL"
seems resides on the same layer - they both provide
low level mechanism to access graphics subsystem and
user interaction. "GTK+" and "QT/Embedded" are widget
toolkits(libraries).

I'd really like to know am I right in understanding
these stuff?  ANY hints would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jarod Wang

----
Oracle Asia R&D Center, Shenzhen, P. R. China

抢注雅虎免费邮箱-3.5G容量,20M附件!
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com