Re: dpkg-cross and debconf

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:51:22 +0000
Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> wrote:

> The downside is this notice on installing dpkg-cross:
> Configuration file `/etc/dpkg-cross/cross-compile'
>  ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
>  ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
>    What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
>     Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
>     N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
>       D     : show the differences between the versions
>       Z     : background this process to examine the situation
>  The default action is to keep your current version.
> *** cross-compile (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?
>
> I think I can prevent that by getting dpkg-cross to not
> install /etc/dpkg-cross/cross-compile. Instead it can
> install /etc/dpkg-cross/cross-compile.sample and the debconf script can
> read that, incorporate the debconf value and write
> out /etc/dpkg-cross/cross-compile. Testing now.

OK, I think I've fixed that.

If no architecture is set (debconf selection = "None"), the test script
outputs this message:
test-arch.pl: Architecture is not specified.

This is the default dpkg-cross.pl error message.

As before if ~/.dpkg-cross/cross-compile exists (whether or not it sets
default_arch), that setting will override the debconf setting.