Re: R: apt-get won't install cross tools

On 2006-10-17 14:45 +0200, Luke wrote:
> 	Martin & Hector,
>
> <2.6 patch woes>

> 	Oh dear - I really don't feel like endeavouring in producing a
> working 2.6.x kernel for this B&V module with all the above problems - it's
> not really worth it(there are no advantages for this embedded design respect
> to the prior kernel). Maybe it is best if I just get the 2.4.26 kernel on
> which it is originally based and try to locate the correct iMX patches for
> that kernel and go from there using crosstools.
>
> 	Mumble mumble... any suggestions?

Well, hector has solved your original toolchain problem, so you should
now trivially be able to apt-get install arm-linux-gnu-gcc or g++

And we would be very interested to hear if it works at least as well
as the crosstool-built toolchain.

As to which kernels are working and supported, and with which bits of
device exist support on your hardware, I really don't know.

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/