R: apt-get won't install cross tools

	Martin & Hector,

	I did some more testing yesterday and I tried to compile the 2.6.5
kernel because I found the specific iMX patches for the MX9328 CPU on this
site (even if for their socket Socket Computer Board):

http://www.synertronixx.de/download/scb9328/download.htm

	Their specific board is here:

http://www.synertronixx.de/produkte/scb9328/scb9328.htm

	However, the zImage compress fails because of overlapping segments
:(. Everything else before compiles fine (which may or may not mean
anything;).

	Now, I could use the patches from that site as a base to patch the
more recent kernels - however - for the specific target which I want to use
(the Brain & Vision module for I-Droid01 which was developed using
Freescale's tools and Metrowerk's) I need to manually "patch the patches"
for the correct peripherals (USB support on my "Brain & Vision" board is
present as a module but I did not find any USB driver in the patched 2.6.5
kernel - only the USB gadgets option!).

	The SCB9328 has an ethernet interface directly on the CPU I/O lines
and the support is included in the patches (which I don't select as the B&V
module does not have it) but it lacks SD/MMC support (the SCB9328 board
lacks this interface).

	Oh dear - I really don't feel like endeavouring in producing a
working 2.6.x kernel for this B&V module with all the above problems - it's
not really worth it(there are no advantages for this embedded design respect
to the prior kernel). Maybe it is best if I just get the 2.4.26 kernel on
which it is originally based and try to locate the correct iMX patches for
that kernel and go from there using crosstools.

	Mumble mumble... any suggestions?

	Luke