Re: powerpc slind host

On 6/20/06, Julien <electroacousticien@laposte.net> wrote:
Hi,

First, some documentation's "corrections":

#dpkg takes the package name, not the deb name.
But those *are* package names and not .deb names. :)

5. C library.

First of all, you should remove the package with libc
development headers. So, for glibc, do

$ dpkg --remove libc6-dev-headers-<arch>-cross

or, in case of uclibc target:

$ dpkg --remove libuclibc-dev-headers-<arch>-cross
..or else it would be libuclibc-dev-headers-<arch>-cross_0.9.28-1slind0_all.deb

#Specific(?) recommandations to host toolchain
#Emdebian team: They are the main ideas, you can rewrite them ;)
-Check dependancy with dpkg-buildpackage -D before to try  to
build the package. I'm not sure, but that's possible that some
package depend on version not included in sarge. Install sarge
packages worked for me.
Yeah, build-dependencies are being taken care of at the moment.

-GCC debs complains about gcc-3.4-base (
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=gcc-3.4-base&version=stable&arch=powerpc
) , which isn't useful here, just force install with
--force-depends (see man dpkg-buildpackage).
This is no longer the case for newer toolchains, which are to be
uploaded some time soon.

--
I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.