Re: Support for *-config scripts in dpkg-cross

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 08:42:23PM +0400, Alexander Shishkin wrote:
> On 6/12/06, Volker Grabsch <vog@notjusthosting.com> wrote:
> >since my lasting posting was ignored, I try it again.
> It wasn't ignored.

I don't have access to the dpkg-cross CVS. Could someone please review
my patch and possibly include it?

> I see no evil, except that shouldn't we better keep
> foreign architectures' *-configs somewhere like
> /usr/$arch/lib/pkgconfig/*, for example?

No, /usr/$arch/bin/ is certainly a very good place for the *-config
scripts. Those *-config scripts have nothing to do with the pkgconfig
system (which my patch doesn't support, because I didn't cross compile
any such package yet)

> >I implemented support for /usr/bin/*-config scripts within dpkg-cross.
> Do we have corresponding functionality in /usr/bin/dpkg-cross itself, btw?

Yes, the patch changes mainly the "dpkg-cross" tool. The changes to
the "dpkg-buildpackage" wrapper were only necessary to ensure the
correct *-config scripts precede in PATH.

Greets,

    Volkre

--
Volker Grabsch