Re: Questions on Single Board Computers and new questions about Bluetooth

> 30 mA per LED with 500x3 LEDs = 45 A.
>
> You will have to carry a lot of copper around, and a *heavy* battery,
> it seems.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Wolfgang:

You're right, except I plan to not ever have all emiters in all LED's
on at once.

I have been doing some experimenting with these LED's and they are
**BRIGHT**. Having learned how bright these LED's can be (almost
to the point that I am blinded), I anticipate a much lower duty
cycle than I previously thought.

I anticipate having LED's running at most 1/2 duty cycle (PWM of
1/2 the entire wave width at the most) and only having a small
number of LED's on with any real brilliance. The point of my
light show is to have moving groups of lights on at any time,
in syncophation with music. Most likely, about 50 to 60 percent
of the LED's would be off or very low (5 to 15 percent duty cycle
in perhaps only one of the colors) at any time.

Of course, I can be wrong! This whole project is a learning curve
for myself. As this is only a personal project, I have not job
to lose or other dire economic consequences if all fails.

I plan to have a 7 to 9 amp hour Power Sonic battery that powers
the outfit with a charger. I also plan to rig something that I can
plug into the mains. If I am performing on stage, I would have
access to the mains; if I crash a party or dance, then I am
on my own.

Heck, if I am really, wrong, it would be my luck that you folks would
read in the press about the guy who crashed the Governor's wedding
reception with the outfit and had it short out and light a fire
because all 40 amps draw through the wire harness at once!

By the way, that brings up another question. Do any of you know
if there is any MIDI over Bluetooth standard out there? In case
you don't know; MIDI is what they use for computer control of music
instruments.

I have noticed that some of the boards have Bluetooth along with
everything else and that got me thinking.

As you know from my past email, I plan to have a microphone and
appropriate audio analysis (DFFT, etc) so that I can sync my
lights with external music sounds.

Well, what if the band at a dance that I am at uses MIDI over
Bluetooth? Then I can take their signal and sync on that as
well. Undoutedly, most bands would not want me to connect
to their equipment if I am not part of the show, but they
would not care if I am merely sniffing their Bluetooth.

By the way, I do appreciate the help you folks are giving me!

Truly,

Mark Allyn
Portland, Oregon
www.allyn.com