an inittab question

Hi,
I'm looking for an idea to use either inittab or one of the rcS scripts to start a program at bootup.
Basically, I'm trying to bootup and before any other service or programs run, I run a script that will demand user input for an address.
Then I will exit that program and continue normal init.
Is this something I can do with inittab as the first program called? If so, how do I wait for it to terminate before it continue? (wait on pid exit?)
Is it better to do with an rcS script?
Have anyone done this sort of thing before?

Much thanks.