apt-cross --install behaviour

apt-cross already has an --update option that updates the local cache.
It also uses --install which gets the package and then cross-builds and
installs it via dpkg-cross. The annoying thing is that dpkg-cross
--install doesn't check if exactly the same version is already
installed (much as dpkg -i will also overwrite an existing installation
with the same version without complaint).

Looking at apt-cross, it should behave more like apt in this scenario -
if you ask apt-get to install a package that has no newer version, it
skips that package. I think apt-cross should do the same and this means
a change in the behaviour of the apt-cross --install option.

Current behaviour is:
1. Has the latest version already been downloaded, if yes, skip the
download.
2. Cross-build the downloaded file whether it's new or old.
3. Install the cross-built file whether it is already installed or not.

The new behaviour would be:
1. Has the latest version already been downloaded, if yes, skip the
download.
2. Cross-build the downloaded file whether it's new or old.
3. Has the cross-built file been installed, if yes, skip installation.

Ideally, apt-cross would skip the cross-build too - I might be able to
use a stamp file to implement this. The stamp file could then be used
to indicate that a file has been downloaded even if the original is
removed to conserve file space. I think that could work nicely.

Before I change the behaviour of the existing option in apt-cross
v0.0.4, would this cause a problem for anyone?

If extended to check before cross-building, would that be a problem for
anyone?