Re: Could you update the cross compilers?

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:18:26 -0800 (PST)
Christoph Lameter <christoph@lameter.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Neil Williams wrote:
>
> > Which script? I've just updated emchain in svn:
> > http://buildd.emdebian.org/repos/tools/emchain/
>
> I downloaded it and:

Did you also download the manpage?
(note the dot-slash prefix to tell man to look in the current directory)

$ man ./emchain.1

emchain needs these packages installed to work correctly:
apt-cross, dpkg-cross, fakeroot, dpatch, autoconf2.13, gawk, flex,
realpath, automake1.9, debhelper, cdbs

apt-cross brings in the necessary perl packages:
libfile-homedir-perl, libwww-perl

apt-cross will be available from the normal Debian mirrors later,
for now, it can be obtained as a Debian package using this repository:
deb http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/packages unstable main
deb-src http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/packages unstable main

emchain is just in svn right now, it isn't part of a formal package
(yet) and therefore things like dependencies cannot be managed under
apt.

I'll add some of the manpage content to the README.

> Attempt to get the doc:

You could just view the manpage locally. Generating the HTML requires a
working xsltproc and docbook-xsl - it's optional but, again, I've put a
note in the README.

I've added the HTML output to SVN for now (can always remove it later)
so you can view the manpage output in a web browser. Unfortunately, the
current SVN handling presents all content as text/plain and viewing the
HTML in SVN just shows the source but you can view the local file
created by svn checkout or svn export. Or you could just wget this:
http://buildd.emdebian.org/repos/tools/emchain/emchain.html
and view that file in your browser.