Re: Could you updatre the cross compilers?

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Hector Oron wrote:

> BTW, are you using ia64 cross-compiler? we were thinking on not
> supporting those, are those are not for embedded systems and probably
> ia64 compiles natively. But, do you think is it useful to support that
> arch?

They work great. Yes IA64 compiles natively but I can do all my work for
IA64 on my i386 workstation with that cross compiler. IA64 system are
typically large (up to 1k processors, Terabytes of RAM and petabytes of
storage) and they frequently live in specially protected supercomputer
centers. It can be difficult to get one to do the compiles. Plus my
employer mostly runs RPM based distros on build servers (no root) and I
have always used Debian for development.

> As wookey said, give us some time to arrange all changes on apt
> repository, wiki page, webpage, etc...
> :-)

I tried using the build script to update the compilers but the script did
not work.