DebConf7

Registration is now open for DebConf7, which will take place in
Edinburgh from Sunday 17 to Saturday 23 June 2007. Now that arrangements for DebConf7 are open [1] - what are emdebian plans?

I'm definitely planning on attending and I dare say others on this list will too. I know Wookey attended DebConf6 - who else was able to attend? (I'm happy providing my own accomodation and travel costs etc. - I'm usually on holiday (hiking) in Scotland/North Wales at that time of year anyway.) I'll also be around for DebCamp which will precede DebConf, from Sunday 10 to Friday 15 June.

Can we arrange to make a presentation at DebConf7 about Emdebian in the hope that we'll actually have a distribution available around that time? (June).

I'm willing to make this my top priority in my Debian involvement until DebConf7 - I do have a few quiet projects that will need updates during that time but I have the time available (about two whole days each week, plus other breaks) to do what is necessary to get at least ARM supported by Emdebian in that timeframe.

I'd really like to have Emdebian running on my H3900 iPAQ in time for DebConf7, even if the first emdebian distro includes little more than the current GPE application set, updated to use Etch versions of the underlying libraries.

Is this a pipedream? Is it realistic? Specifically, what should we submit to DebConf regarding Emdebian?

Submissions will be accepted until 31 January.

[1] https://penta.debconf.org/user