Re: flash filesystem question

On 2006-11-10 13:31 -0800, Junior wrote:
> Hi All,
> If I have two type of flash filesystem, cramfs and jffs2, on a single chip, is there a way to "concat" them (using dd command) so as to provide a single image so I can write to the chip?
> I'm sure there is but I don't know how.

You can just copy the data out of the whole chip with dd if=/dev/mtdblock/n
of=imagefile count=<size of chip/512>

If you have image files of the the two filesystems thewn you can
concatenate them just with cat (cat image1 image2 > combinedimage),
but this might not lead to the right spacing on the chip (it assumes
no gap between the two images which probably isn't the case)

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/