Re: dpkg-checkbuilddeps wrapper proposal

On 9/4/06, Wartan Hachaturow <wartan.hachaturow@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.
Hi there,

Advantages of this approach are more or less obvious: we remove any wild guesses
from package building tools, and rely the task of providing correct
build-depends on
feeble maintainer's shoulders :)
Disadvantages: this is not a real control file. Thus, for example,
those fields will not
be present in .dsc, and, as a consequence, all of the package building
Disagreed.
My build tools obtain package information from apt, so I'd rather have
apt patched. Besides, there's no use of this _special_ little file
otherwise.

While this can easily be fixed patching dpkg-dev, I am not sure what
else will break
finding unusual fields in .dsc, and this will also introduce YADI (Yet
Another Debian
Incompatibility) which I'm not that happy about.
I personally have no problem with debian incompatibilities as long as
they make sense.

My 5 cents.
--
I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.