dpkg-cross bug 384831

Hi
This problem made me wonder what the dpkg-buildpackage actually does
different, that shouldn'T be done in the individual packages instead. I
guess it's something about setting environment variables specific for
the package to be built.
bug #358771 is somehow related to this. since it was fixed we should
remove the glibc specific parts of /etc/dpkg-cross/cross-compile:

	# by Jorik Jonker <jorik@dnd.utwente.nl>
	package glibc:
	scope makeflags:
	        LINUX_SOURCE = $(CROSSDIR)

this leaves a very limited set of changes in said file:

	package e2fsprogs:
	        unset LD

	# package gs-aladdin:
	# # must be a native gcc
	#       CCAUX = gcc
	#

But I'm wondering what this was meant to be:

	# This should fit EmDebian needs:
	#
	# mode emdebian:
	# package all:
	#       scope environment:
	#               emdebian = true
	#       scope makeflags:
	#               CROSSPREFIX = $(crossprefix)
	#               EXTRA_CFLAGS = ...
	#               LIBC = ...
	#               CONFIG = ...

do we still need that?

If there isn't any serious need for the way it is now i'd recommend
removing the diversion of dpkg-buildpackage and installing it as
dpkg-buildpackage.cross. Or maybe even remove it entirely.

regards, Jonas