Re: Announce: New server

On 06-08-17 17:43 +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> after a bit of delay introduced by yours truly deinstalling netbase and
> then wondering why the !&"%"§@ system wouldn't ping, the new server is
> now ready.
>
> The IP address is 88.198.202.189, and the SSH RSA fingerprint is
>
>   fc:1d:c2:e3:e2:d2:b6:e3:f0:87:10:03:30:18:40:9e
>
> Current status:

I've fiddled for a few hours and most the server is now running as
before.

The old /etc has been retreived from my backup and put in /org/orig/etc

DNS has been changed to point at the new server.

I've:
* stretched the /var lvm volume to accomodate our stuff
* installed apache2 and set the website up
* copied over /home dirs
* set up users and groups (I haven't tried to copy over passwords but
 you should be able to log on with an ssh key if you had that set up).
 Hassle me or sjr if you can't get in).
* Installed and set up svn
* Installed reprepro 0.6 (had to build from source due to new server
 being amd64). I'm not sure if we actually need a newer still version
 (ed?). The repository seems to be accessible.
* installed logcheck, tiger, analog, john, apti-cron

The only thing I've failed to get going is websvn. The server is
refusing to server phtml despite me installing various
relevant-looking things. Zumbi?

I can also find no trace of the nightly website update script cron
job. Another one for Zumbi I think.

There was also a suggestion that the buildd should be in a separate
vserver so I haven't tried to fiddle with that. This does seem
sensible (if perhaps overkill), so someone needs to explain how to do
that if we think it is worth the effort.

Please check out services and see what's broken (svn upload,
repository upload, logins).

The emdebian donations page has been changed to tell of the new server.

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/