Re: Building cross-compilers

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 07:24:58PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I'm currently trying to build cross-compilers on my system. I found two
> issues:

What system are you building for?

> * Following the guidelines in debian/README.cross does not work; a plain
>   "dpkg-buildpackage" calls debian/rules clean, which regenerates
>   debian/control for a native build. This makes the build system break
>   in all sorts of horrible ways.

When I started with cross compiling, debian/README.cross was my first
reading, too. And I agree that it needs to be revised.

At that time I summarized my experiences in:

    https://dev.njh6.de/wiki/index.php/Cross_Compiling_for_Win32

It half "Debian cross compiling" and half "Win32 cross compiling".
Maybe I should split it into these two topic, but I don't know how.

Anyway, at least the half of it should be interesting for you. HTH

Greets,

    Volker

--
Volker Grabsch