Manipulating package dependancies

Hello,

Im working on a toolchain for a mipsel system, and Ive got a couple of package
dependancy related questions.

1. Is there any other way of manipulating a package dependancy, other than
messing with the debian/control and debian/control.m4 when packaging the
compiled source? Today Im using sed to remove/replace unwanted/unneeded
dependencies, and its timeconsuming hunting down dependancies obviously meant
for a system default installation - but which are of no interest for my cross
toolchain.

2. I know you can force packages under Debian, but apt-get will complain every
time again when you run it about unmet dependencies. So basically what Im
looking for, is a way to install the package without Debian complaining about
dependancies both during install and afterwards. I just want the debian db to
keep a record of the installed files for easy maintenance from these special
packages.

Regarding 2: I know the reasons/risks/benefits etc of the dependency checking,
but this is not an issue here. I just want to install the packages and get
apt-get to accept them permanently without complaining each time I run
apt-get.

Thanks,
Frank Aune