Re: focus for Embedded Debian

On 3/12/06, Riku Voipio <nchip@kos.to> wrote:
> as for uboot/uImage, would you like to maintain it yourself, or would
> creating a "Emdebian packaging team" to maintain this and similar
> packages make sense?

I like the packaging team idea. Currently, I'm not a Debian developer,
so a DD is needed to adopt the package (AFAIK; I'm new to the Debian
Policy).

Also, It allows us to coordinate packaging decisions, and share
maintainance burden.

> Well my personal hope is that embedded debian and ubuntu can remain
> close to each others, and use the same tools etc. Fixing qemu is
> naturally going to help absolutely everyone =)

Definitely. I'm still writing some guidelines for the EmbeddedUbuntu
project, which includes contributing and collaborating with EmDebian
whenever possible.

> > As always: documentation. I've contributed two HOWTOs related to
> > EmDebian (they are on the Wiki). It would be good if new features are
> > followed by easy-to-follow HOWTOs, which in future would serve as
> > material for a guide.
>
> The tough part with documentation is to keep it upto date..

Indeed :) Maybe puting the documentation on the Wiki can help us keep
it up-to-date (at least in theory).

> > PS: I see you have proposed a BoF for Debconf6 regarding Scratchbox2
> > [1]. Do you have any development done (even highly experimental) in
> > this regard?
>
> I saw your mail on sbox-devel mailing list, I'll answer that and
> crosspost it on this list so archive searchers can find them in
> future :)

Sure :) I confess I haven't deeply searched into the archives before
sending that message, but a quick Google search brought the Debconf
proposal.

--
Anderson Lizardo
Embedded Linux Lab - 10LE