Re:jffs2 vs nfs

Hi,

> I've notice that when the jffs2 file system is considerably slower than the
nfs filesystem. Is that normal? Not to mention that my application is also
very much slower.

I guess it is more your flash that is much slower... Flash access can
sometimes be really slow, depending on the chips, the connection and the
driver quality.

You might have gains with squashfs or cramfs in speed, as most of what is in
the fs will be decompressed to ram after bootup (unlike jffs2 afaik)

regards,

Philippe

| Philippe De Swert
|
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org
|
| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| format.(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)
| http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

NOTE! My email address is changing to ... @scarlet.be
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.