Re: About gcc-defaults package support

Hi Nikita,

> Probably I will need one more dpkg-cross upload - will you sponsor me?
Of course!

> Until now, I used to use update-alternatives instead. Is that bad for some
> reason?
Ohh, I did not realised that you used update-alternatives. Sorry, but I
worked on gcc-2.95 cross-compiler for PowerPC. Now it works with the brunch
version of dpkg-cross's APT wrapper.

The usage of update-alternatives within the gcc packges is a 80% solution.
Today gcc-defaults packages gcc, g++, cpp define the default compiler
version for the specific architecture and distribution.

Should we think about support for gcc-defaults as cross-compiler package
too ? One package more to maintain...

--
Raphael Bossek

--