Re: Working Emdebian build environment

+++ Ed Bartosh [05-11-11 20:17 +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> You might be interested in looking at
> the working implementation of STAGE ideas.
>
> This is set of about 40 emdebianized packages, scratchbox-based
> development environment and a couple of working root filesystems for
> Nokia 770 device. It's far from perfect but it works.

[finally got round to reading this]

That is a very fine peice of work Ed. I think you can claim to have built
the first complete emdebian system - congratulations. (It's difficult to
decide exactly what counts as first: Philippe had the first emdebian rootfs,
which was a three-package excercise that no-one else every repeated so far
as I know, but obviously others, including yourself have built on. Deciding
which 'firsts' these efforts can claim is left as an excise for the reader :-)

> Attached is short document about that. I'll publish it
> on the emdebian wiki when it's available.

The website is back up. It probably deserves a page there. (check it out
from CVS). If that's too much faff, then we are now using wiki.debian.org
for emdebian pages, so add one there, linked from
http://wiki.debian.org/Embedded_Debian
(and PageNames should start with 'Emdebian')

> Questions, comments, ideas, any kind of help are welcome.

I'll try and have a go with this soon.