Re: Cross-libtool?

Timo Savola wrote:
We've faced this same problem with Scratchbox, and solved it by building
(read: configuring) libtool with/for each toolchain separately.

If you have trouble, you can look here for hints:
http://scratchbox.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=sb-toolchains;a=headblob;f=/autotools/libtool/Makefile

Hi Timo, thanks for the info.

As far as I can see you are configuring libtool as if you were going to cross-compile it, and then hacking it to set CC back to the native compiler.

So it looks like there is no real support for cross-compiling using libtool, either in the original libtool source or the Debian package. Since this is my own code and the Makefile is not complicated I think I'll just drop libtool and link by calling the cross tools explicitly.

Many thanks.

--Phil.