Debian sid cross-gcc situation

Hello.

I'm aware that cross-gcc 4.0 is currently broken.
Sid versions of 3.3 and 3.4 may be also broken.

Before that will be fixed, some work should be done with dpkg-cross (to
make it work correctly with recenty-changed dpkg & co). Since currently is
vacation time, and then I will have to move, time estimation for that is
someware in September (probably earlier - if things will go well here).
Sid cross-gcc (all versions) will follow.

Sarge versions of 3.3 and 3.4 should build OK on powerpc host for all
targets other than x84/amd64; for 3.4 patch from
http://zigzag.lvk.cs.msu.su/~nikita/debian/cross-patches/ may be needed.

[these patches are for sarge versions; they are not intended for current
sid versions, sid patches I will prepare later].

People have built sarge cross-gcc packages for ppc host; I'm CCing to
debian-embedded, maybe someone will reply with package locations.

Nikita