Re: problem with root filesystem

Hello Philippe:
> 2005/5/4, Philippe De Swert <philippedeswert@scarlet.be>:
> Hello Diego,
>
> > Hello, I am trying to generate a root filesystem with the stag-addons.
> > I set properly cross-compile file pointing to the toolchain and I
> > made:
> >
> > # dpkg-stag m68k -i busybox--static-embed_1.0.2_m68k.deb
> > # dpkg-stag m68k -i dev-init-files-1.0.2.deb
> >
> > so, I get some files in /var/rootfs-m68k/
> >
> > I make the romfs image for my mcf5484 board:
> >
> > # genromfs -d /var/rootfs-m68k -f /tftpboot/romfs.img
> >
> > An finally I get the kernel and fs together with:
> > cat /tftpboot/fs /tftpboot/linux.bin > /tftpboot/image.bin
> >
> > But when I load this image in the board, it gets stuck after:
> >
> >   Mounted devfs on /dev
> >
> > Does anybody have the same problem? What I am doing wrong..?
>
> Disable devfs in your kernel config. It is mounting it's own dev system over
> /dev and does not seem to create the correct nodes. Also does your board
> support an mmu? I don't have tested that on an mmu less system, and the
> userspace programs are compiled against glibc.

Yes, my board have mmu...
First, I changed .config to unset devfs_mount:

# CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT is not set

but the kernel compiled with this .config, gets stuck after

VFS: Mounted root (romfs filesystem) readonly.

(this is the line before   "Mounted devfs on /dev ", which does not appear now)

I repeat the process unsetting also devfs_fs in .config

# CONFIG_DEVFS_FS is not set

with the same result.. and now I don't know what can I do.

Thanks a lot for your advices Philippe.